Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Balazs Donat Bessenyei <be...@cloudera.com> on 2016/10/12 19:29:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.7.0 RC2

Hi All,

This is the tenth release for Apache Flume as a top-level project,
version 1.7.0. We are voting on release candidate RC2.

It fixes the following issues:
  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/flume/flume-1.7/CHANGELOG

*** Please cast your vote within the next 72 hours ***

The tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), and checksums (*.md5, *.sha1)
for the source and binary artifacts can be found here:
  http://people.apache.org/~bessbd/apache-flume-1.7.0-rc2/

Maven staging repo:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflume-1020/

The tag to be voted on:
  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=commit;h=511d868

Flume's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
  https://www.apache.org/dist/flume/KEYS

Thank you,

Donat

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.7.0 RC2

Posted by Balazs Donat Bessenyei <be...@cloudera.com>.
This vote is now closed.

I will send out the results in a separate email.

Thanks to all who voted!

Thank you,

Donat

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Lior Zeno <li...@gmail.com>.
+1, tested simple scenarios on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04.

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 5:53 PM, Balazs Donat Bessenyei <bessbd@cloudera.com

Posted by Balazs Donat Bessenyei <be...@cloudera.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Attila Simon <sa...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Folks,

+1 on this Release Candidate

* hashes and signatures match
* build and run environment was Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.5, Java
HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.79-b02, mixed mode)
* in src tarball
  * Sources of flume-checkstyle module is not included. Rest of the files
are there compared to apache git repo. As discussed it is not a release
blocker (checkstyle was removed intentionally from src tarball).
  * "mvn clean install -DskipTest" builds
  * "mvn test" passed
* in bin tarball
  * verified content of lib dir against the LICENCE file whether "each jar
shipped is included in the LICENCE"  and  "each jar mentioned in the
LICENCE is shipped".
  * sanity checked DEVNOTES, README.md, NOTICE, RELEASE-NOTES,
doap_Flume.rdf and the content of bin, conf, tools dirs
  * in docs dir I verified main page, user guide, dev guide, javadocs
  * executed the "bin/flume-ng  agent -n agent -c conf -f
conf/flume-conf.properties.template" from user guide which is passed (logs
were generated in the logs dir)

Cheers,
Attila