Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by JR...@penntraffic.com on 2007/08/30 20:31:56 UTC

Unable to retrieve background image

Hello.  I'm using FOP 0.93, and FOP's throwing the following exception:

SEVERE: Error with opening URL
'http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/images/draft.png': Connection
timed out: connect
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Then I get a series of similar exceptions.  The URI is valid, and I can
get to it from my PC.  Is there something I need to do to setup proxy
server info?

Thanks. Jeff

Re: Unable to retrieve background image

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <pi...@databaar.ch>.
JRancier@penntraffic.com wrote:
> Hello.  I'm using FOP 0.93, and FOP's throwing the following exception:
>
> SEVERE: Error with opening URL
> 'http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/images/draft.png': Connection
> timed out: connect
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
>
> Then I get a series of similar exceptions.  The URI is valid, and I can
> get to it from my PC.  Is there something I need to do to setup proxy
> server info?

FOP uses the standard Java libraries for retrieving the content
referenced by an URL. For JDK 1.5 you can apparently set a proxy
host (set the system property http.proxyHost on the JVM command
line), but there doesn't seem to be a way to provide proxy
authentication. I have not used this, nor do I have an environment
where I can run tests, so you'd have to figure out the details
yourself. Look at
  http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/net/proxies.html

J.Pietschmann