Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2010/01/26 21:01:06 UTC

[classlib] TreeSet fields not private in java6 branch?

I noticed while doing the merge of trunk to java6 that the backingMap
field of TreeSet was not private in the java6 branch while it is private
in trunk.

Jimmy, I think you submitted the code that changed this in HARMONY-4124.
Why did you change the backingMap field to not be private (and similarly
why is the descendingSet field not private)?

I'm probably missing something but I couldn't see a reason for it so I
thought I'd ask before I forgot about it.

Regards,
 Mark.

Re: [classlib] TreeSet fields not private in java6 branch?

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <5c...@mail.gmail.com>,
"Jimmy ,Jing Lv" writes:

> Hi Mark,
>
>      Sorry for late response. I checked and find the backingMap can be
> private ( as well as another variable descendingSet). Will check in
> soon.

Jimmy,

Thanks for clarifying this with commit r904009.  I thought that was the
case but wanted to double check that I wasn't missing something.

Posted by "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

--

Best Regards!