Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Gary Moh <Gm...@ecredit.com> on 2005/02/16 22:40:41 UTC

NullPointerException

I wrote a test portlet and got a NPE while accessing the portlet.
I followed all the instructions but can't really figure out what the
problem is.
I'm running Tomcat 5.0.30 and JDK 1.4.2_07.

Feb 16, 2005 4:24:03 PM
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.services.log.LoggerImpl error
SEVERE: Error in Portlet
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.om.entity.impl.PortletEntityImpl.getPortletD
efinition(PortletEntityImpl.java:85)
        at
org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.portletLoad(PortletContainerImpl.j
ava:199)
        at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.core.PortletContainerWrapperImpl.portletLoad
(PortletContainerWrapperImpl.java:94)
        at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.aggregation.PortletFragment.service(PortletF
ragment.java:120)
        at
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.aggregation.ColumnFragment_jsp._jspService(Co
lumnFragment_jsp.java:65)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:324)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
        at
tionFilterChain.java:252)

Re: NullPointerException

Posted by west <ne...@west.com>.
I am encounting the same issue.  Has there been any updates?

-west