Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sh...@lotus.com on 2000/05/26 14:25:28 UTC

Re: mulitilanguage supportII - not part of XSLT (at least not linguistically)

Indeed, Xalan does not translate from one human language to any others, at
least not by default, since it's not in the XSLT spec.  I suppose you could
write a stylesheet to translate some basic words and phrases in one
language to another language in any text nodes in your document, but that
is an exercise best left to the reader who would actually want to try such
a wacky idea.

If you need tools to translate languages, start with some of the newer
generation machine translation stuff.  One good example is at
http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/mt

---- you <al...@crtc.corp.mot.com> wrote: ----
> If I have an xml document written in english, but the output I want to
> get should be in some other language.

- Shane