Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Tim McClure <Ti...@casi-rusco.com> on 2002/01/09 18:04:02 UTC

XML-RPC and Keep-Alive

I am looking to implement keep-alive mode in XML-RPC.  It seems the
WebServer object supports keep-alive without changing any code.  However it
appears that the XML-RPC client would have to be re-written to support
keep-alive.  Are the assumptions stated above correct?  If so, any
recommendations on the XML-RPC client implementation?

Tim

Re: XML-RPC and Keep-Alive

Posted by Hannes Wallnoefer <ha...@helma.at>.
I originally implemented keep-alive for both server and client side
(XmlRpcClientLite), but I disabled it after getting some problem reports
(that was quite some time ago). Keepalive can be activated by calling
XmlRpc.setKeepAlive(boolean).

Probably the code in XmlRpcClientLite is a good place to start. I don't
know about XmlRpcClient, which uses java.net.URLConnection as HTTP
client. My guess is that it should implement keep-alive, but I haven't
really checked.

Hannes

Re: XML-RPC and Keep-Alive

Posted by Hannes Wallnoefer <ha...@helma.at>.