Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/05 10:09:34 UTC

hadoop memory settings

Is ther a relation between HADOOP_HEAPSIZE mapred.child.java.opts and
mapred.child.ulimit settings in hadoop-env.sh and mapred-site.xml i have a
sinngle machine with 2gb ram and running hadoop on psuedo distr mode my
HADOOP_HEAPSIZE is set to 256 wat shud i set mapred.child.java.opts and
mapred.child.ulimit and how these settings are calculated if my ram is
incresed or machine clusters are increased

Re: hadoop memory settings

Posted by Bejoy KS <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sadak

AFAIK HADOOP_HEAPSIZE determines the jvm size of the daemons like NN,JT,TT,DN etc.

 mapred.child.java.opts and mapred.child.ulimit is used to set the jvm heap for child jvms launched for each map/reduce task launched.

Regards
Bejoy KS

coz i m getting Error occurred during initialization of VM hadoop
java.lang.Throwable: Child Error At org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run
whe running a job.....:)

Re: hadoop memory settings

Re: hadoop memory settings

Re: hadoop memory settings