Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl> on 2014/11/07 09:31:32 UTC

Suggestion: a few more details in new committer emails

Hi there,

I wanted to suggest that, in the emails announcing new committers, one
or two sentences could describe in what area the new committer has
been contributing. The emails currently feel pretty bland to me, and
adding a little personal content couldn't hurt. Another thing to add
could be how they are related to CouchDB (e.g. if they're contributing
on behalf of their employer, if they're using CouchDB or a related
project for some interesting project of their own).

Another, related problem with the emails that I see: though I'm no
longer closely tracking what's happening in the broader CouchDB
ecosystem, it feels weird to me that the announcements happen on the
dev@ list, when some of the committers being announced have ostensibly
never even sent a single email there. I don't really have a suggestion
for solving this.

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Re: Suggestion: a few more details in new committer emails

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Good points, Dirkjan.  +1. While I'm aware about each new commiters
prehistory, I think it would be good to have their announcements a bit
more personified.

--
,,,^..^,,,

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
I sugget to change the email template and ask the new commiter to introduce
himself. As it alreafy happened :)

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: Suggestion: a few more details in new committer emails

Posted by Klaus Trainer <kl...@posteo.de>.

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Hey Dirkjan,

--