Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Marc Schlegel <Ma...@gmx.de> on 2006/11/08 16:08:00 UTC

Necessary Packages For Queries

Hi everybody.

I am writting an eclipse RCP application and my first plugin is a wrapper to control the derby database (startup, shutdown, properties,...).

In this plugin I want to reexport packages to the using application (just another plugin) to do queries and so on. My question is which packages are necessary to send and receive queries? For example I am quite sure that the authentication packages are not essential.

Thanks in advance
-- Marc

Re: Necessary Packages For Queries

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
Marc Schlegel wrote:
> Hi everybody.
>
> I am writting an eclipse RCP application and my first plugin is a wrapper to control the derby database (startup, shutdown, properties,...).
>
> In this plugin I want to reexport packages to the using application (just another plugin) to do queries and so on. My question is which packages are necessary to send and receive queries? For example I am quite sure that the authentication packages are not essential.

derby.jar is an OSGi bundle and it exports these packages:

org.apache.derby.authentication,
org.apache.derby.database,
org.apache.derby.io,
org.apache.derby.jdbc,
org.apache.derby.vti

If you wanted to subset that then possibly only org.apache.derby.jdbc
would be required.

Though there hasn't been much testing of derby as an OSGi bundle.

Dan.