Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Roparzh Hemon <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/21 06:40:08 UTC

[users@httpd] New virtual host not working

I have several working virtual hosts on my Mac. Recently, I tried
to create yet another one by copy-pasting what I did for the others,
but to my surprise the new site doesn't work.

What I did :

  In /private/etc/hosts, insert the line

  127.0.0.1 localshow.com www.localshow.com

  In /private/etc/apache2/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf, insert the paragraph

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName localshow.com
    ServerAlias www.localshow.com
    DocumentRoot "/Users/myusernamehere/Documents/Sites/Show"
    ErrorLog "/private/var/log/apache2/localshow.com-error_log"
    CustomLog "/private/var/log/apache2/localshow.com-access_log" common
    ServerAdmin web@coolestguidesontheplanet.com
    LoadModule php5_module /usr/libexec/apache2/libphp5.so
<Directory /Users/myusernamehere/Documents/Sites/Show>
Require all granted
DirectoryIndex index.php
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

   But when I type www.localshow.com in my browser, the URL is not recognized
and I get redirected to a domain seller website.
   The /private/var/log/apache2/localshow.com-error_log and
  /private/var/log/apache2/localshow.com-access_log are empty.

    What did I do wrong ?

Re: [users@httpd] New virtual host not working [wd-vc]

Posted by Rodrigo Cunha <ro...@gmail.com>.
post you DNS configuration to    localshow.com  and   www.localshow.com,
you DNS.
Test in my enviroment step by step.

STEP 1 : execute a comands ping or host the domain www.localshow.com or
www.localshow.com
in comand line:
$host www.localshow.com
www.localshow.com has address 207.148.248.143
$ping www.localshow.com
PING www.localshow.com (207.148.248.143) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 207.148.248.143: icmp_seq=1 ttl=47 time=153 ms

Question:  this ip 207.148.248.143 is you ip host?!

STEP2
i exec comand in my enviroment:
$ dig NS ping www.localshow.com
output:
;; ANSWER SECTION:
ping.            21451    IN    NS    ns2.dns.nic.ping.
ping.            21451    IN    NS    ns5.dns.nic.ping.
ping.            21451    IN    NS    ns3.dns.nic.ping.
ping.            21451    IN    NS    ns1.dns.nic.ping.
ping.            21451    IN    NS    ns6.dns.nic.ping.
ping.            21451    IN    NS    ns4.dns.nic.ping.

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.localshow.com.        IN    NS

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
com.            299    IN    SOA    ns.buydomains.com.
hostmaster.buydomains.com. 115002911 86400 7200 604800 300
Question 1:
this dns ns2.dns.nic.ping. and others is your dns...i think this dns is
wrong order ,check this, the normal order this ns1.dns.nic.ping first and
not ns2.dns.nic.ping;
Question 1:
What is this AUTHORITY SECTION: ns.buydomains.com, the string "buydomains"
like website from market domains free.

my sorry for my bad write in english, i'm from brazil and not know full
grammatical english

Atenciosamente,
Rodrigo da Silva Cunha

Re: [users@httpd] New virtual host not working [wd-vc]

Posted by Roparzh Hemon <ro...@gmail.com>.

AW: [users@httpd] New virtual host not working [wd-vc]

Posted by Rodrigo Cunha <ro...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerName localshow.com
>     ServerAlias www.localshow.com
>     DocumentRoot "/Users/myusernamehere/Documents/Sites/Show"
>     ErrorLog "/private/var/log/apache2/localshow.com-error_log"
>     CustomLog "/private/var/log/apache2/localshow.com-access_log" common
>     ServerAdmin web@coolestguidesontheplanet.com
>     LoadModule php5_module /usr/libexec/apache2/libphp5.so
> <Directory /Users/myusernamehere/Documents/Sites/Show>
> Require all granted
> DirectoryIndex index.php
> </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
>    But when I type www.localshow.com in my browser, the URL is not
> recognized
> and I get redirected to a domain seller website.
>    The /private/var/log/apache2/localshow.com-error_log and
>   /private/var/log/apache2/localshow.com-access_log are empty.

Atenciosamente,
Rodrigo da Silva Cunha