Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Vasudev Narayanan <va...@outlook.com> on 2016/11/23 01:23:07 UTC

Task #5c18cd0e: Create Twitter list of all projects

Greetings Sir -

My name is Vasudev (A.k.a Dev). I thought I should start contributing to Open source projects.  I work for a startup in India. I wear multiple hats at work - marketing, communications and Publicity is one of the role. Hence, I thought, I could lend my hand on this task if this is still available.

For your ready reference, please find the task details:
Task type: Marketing and Publicity
Additional information: https://twitter.com/theasf
Accumulate all of the ASF projects that have Twitter accounts, and create a Twitter List, attached to @theASF, of these projects.

* Create doc to track these (in svn?) and who is responsible for each
* Work with Sally to create the initial list and keep it updated
* Possibly create discussion list where sample/recommended tweets can be pushed out to the people responsible for these accounts

I am looking forward to hear from you at your earliest opportunity.

Thank you,
-Dev

RE: Task #5c18cd0e: Create Twitter list of all projects

Posted by Vasudev Narayanan <va...@outlook.com>.
Thank you. I will work on this. To begin, I will collate the details in a spreadsheet. Later, based on your approval, could find a new home.

Thank you,
-Dev

> * Create doc to track these (in svn?) and who is responsible for each
>

> I am looking forward to hear from you at your earliest opportunity.

Thanks for your interest. That's pretty much the whole story. We need a single place that lists all the asf project Twitter handles.

Thanks

Re: Task #5c18cd0e: Create Twitter list of all projects

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
It only has to be standard within the ASF. Who manages the asfext for doap
at:

https://projects.apache.org/ns/asfext

.. Owen

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Jacques

Le 01/12/2016 � 19:15, Owen O'Malley a �crit :

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 12/01/2016 01:15 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
> Can we extend the doap to have a standard attribute for the Twitter handle?
> Letting the project maintain it seems like a good thing. Additionally, it
> would be great to have https://projects.apache.org/ track the official
> twitter handle for each project.

If that's a possibility, then, yeah, absolutely let's do that.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: Task #5c18cd0e: Create Twitter list of all projects

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.