Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by webdev1977 <we...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/11 13:45:27 UTC

MoreIndexingFilter last-modified time from protocol-file docx

Using nutch 1.4 and Solr 3.6

I see the bug that was submitted for the  indexing filter
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-912>   not recognizing dates in
the format:

yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss'Z' but I am still having issues with it.  This only
happens with any office documents with the "x" format on the end (docx,
xlsx, pptx, etc).

Once is makes it way through getTime the result from parsedDate is not in
Zulu (GMT) time, but rather the Local timezone date/time and this is what
gets stored in the solr index for lastModified.

For example a docx file using the protocol-file plugin has a the following
times:
   Actual Date on share drive: December 10 2012 14:47 EST
   Last-Modifed http header from protocol-file:  2012-12-10T21:47:00Z
    * get error "Unparsable date: 2012-12-10T21:47:00Z *
   The final date after getTime(): Monday Dec 10 21:47:00 *EST* 2012
 *  Solr lastModified date: 2012-12-11T02:27:00Z   *

This is obviously not correct.  I am not sure if it is a problem with the
DateUtils in commons, or something wonky with nutch.

Any ideas?

Re: MoreIndexingFilter last-modified time from protocol-file docx

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think this is a bug and should be logged however as it is a rather
specific use case (with an older version of Nutch), I wonder if you
can confirm this with trunk? It would be great to log it against 1.7
(and/or 2.2) so we can work towards a solution.

Best

Lewis

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:45 PM, webdev1977 <we...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using nutch 1.4 and Solr 3.6
>
> I see the bug that was submitted for the  indexing filter
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-912>   not recognizing dates in
> the format:
>
> yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss'Z' but I am still having issues with it.  This only
> happens with any office documents with the "x" format on the end (docx,
> xlsx, pptx, etc).
>
> Once is makes it way through getTime the result from parsedDate is not in
> Zulu (GMT) time, but rather the Local timezone date/time and this is what
> gets stored in the solr index for lastModified.
>
> For example a docx file using the protocol-file plugin has a the following
> times:
>    Actual Date on share drive: December 10 2012 14:47 EST
>    Last-Modifed http header from protocol-file:  2012-12-10T21:47:00Z
>     * get error "Unparsable date: 2012-12-10T21:47:00Z *
>    The final date after getTime(): Monday Dec 10 21:47:00 *EST* 2012
>  *  Solr lastModified date: 2012-12-11T02:27:00Z   *
>
> This is obviously not correct.  I am not sure if it is a problem with the
> DateUtils in commons, or something wonky with nutch.
>
> Any ideas?

Lewis