Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/03/07 22:53:40 UTC

account creation documentation

FYI, I documented the Jakarta process of asking for permission for new
account creation by the projects so that I can distribute my load a bit.

    Under the Committers heading:
        <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/roles.html>

Specifics:

"Once there are 3 positive votes, someone from the project community who
already has commit access should send email to: root NOSPAM apache.org that
the account should be created. The following information must be included in
the email:

*    The name and email address of the new user. (ie: John Smith
<jo...@foo.com>)
*    The project that the user should be given access to. (ie: Jakarta Foo)
*    The results of the votes. In other words, the names and email addresses
of the committers who approved the addition. "

If there is a problem with it, please tell me and I will update the page.

thanks,

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous