Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Alex Soto <as...@opux.com> on 2004/01/29 03:22:19 UTC

Does a ContentInterceptor need to be thread-safe?

Hi,

Does anyone know if a ContentInterceptor implementor class needs to be
thread-safe or will Slide create a pool of interceptors and call them in
a thread safe manner?  My observations so far look like only one
instance is created, but I haven't tried to load test it to see what
occurs then.

In my specific example, I want to create some resources only once (JNDI
Context and a JMS QueueConnectionFactory).

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Does a ContentInterceptor need to be thread-safe?

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Alex Soto <as...@opux.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if a ContentInterceptor implementor class needs to be
> thread-safe or will Slide create a pool of interceptors and call them
> in a thread safe manner?  My observations so far look like only one
> instance is created, but I haven't tried to load test it to see what
> occurs then.
>

> In my specific example, I want to create some resources only once
> (JNDI Context and a JMS QueueConnectionFactory).

AFAIK there is exactly one instance of a ContentInterceptor per
namespace.

Martin