Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Zaxy <za...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/23 16:11:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Make error, apache 2.4.1

Hi,

first time posting here.

Before I go to my problem, let me just clarify that I did everything
in my power to solve it before writing here.

The problem is as follows:

After a successful ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2.4.1
the "make" command exits with an error.

Making all in srclib
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1/srclib'
Makefile:49: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1/srclib'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

49th line of srclib/Makefile:

@INCLUDE_RULES@

The system is Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit.

I would really appreciate any ideas. If I need to post more
information, I will do so gladly.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

M.

Re: [users@httpd] Make error, apache 2.4.1

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 24.02.2012 11:45, Zaxy wrote:
> On 23.2.2012 19:33, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> On 23.02.2012 18:46, Zaxy wrote:
>>> On 23.02.2012 16:11, Zaxy wrote:
>> As you write, your srclib/Makefile is different. Correct? Can you
>> please post the full srclib/Makefile?
>>
>> Apart from Makefile, Makefile.in and the two directories apr and
>> apr-util, there is an additional directory .deps and nothing else in
>> srclib, correct?
>
> As it turns out, this was not correct. Which got me thinking. So instead
> of "make clean" I reproduced my steps from the beginning.
>
> It seems that I mistakenly copied some apr files into the srclib and
> (possibly later) copied it also properly into the apr/apr-util.
>
> Which in turn made me think I did it correctly when in fact I did not.
>
> Now make works perfectly!
>
> I'm very sorry if I wasted your time and very grateful for your replies.
>
> Thank you again. :)

No problem, everything is very fresh, and even the result "Sorry I was
wrong myself" is helping in growing confidence that what we delivered
does not only work on our test systems, but for our huge user community
as well.

Have fun!

Rainer

Re: [users@httpd] Make error, apache 2.4.1

Posted by Zaxy <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by Zaxy <za...@gmail.com>.
On 23.02.2012 16:11, Zaxy wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> first time posting here.
>>
>> Before I go to my problem, let me just clarify that I did everything
>> in my power to solve it before writing here.
>>
>> The problem is as follows:
>>
>> After a successful ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2.4.1
>> the "make" command exits with an error.
>>
>> Making all in srclib
>> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1/srclib'
>> Makefile:49: *** missing separator. Stop.
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1/srclib'
>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>
>> 49th line of srclib/Makefile:
>>
>> @INCLUDE_RULES@
>>
>> The system is Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit.
>>
>> I would really appreciate any ideas. If I need to post more
>> information, I will do so gladly.
>
> The line you quoted is expected in a Makefile coming from the apr
> library (or apr-util). Such a Makefile is not expected in srclib, but
> insteadf in srclib/apr resp. srclib/apr-util.
>
> So if you tell us how you try to build, we might be able to guide you.
>
> - Where is your apr and apr-util? If you added it to srclib, how
> exactly did you do that?

They are both in srclib located in srclib/apr and srclib/apr-util.

Basically I downloaded them from apr.apache.org, extracted, copied into
srclib, then renamed to apr/apr-util to remove the versions.

I double checked that files are actually in the srclib/apr/ directory,
not in the srclib/apr/apr-1.6.4 dir or something else.

> - is the above configure command complete, ie.e. you didn't give
> additional flags like telling configure where your apr is?

I tried with --with-included-apr flag but got this make error. Then I
thought I'd try without the flag and got the same result.

> - if the line is complete, do your have the approprite apr and
> apr-util versions installed in your system default library location?

To be honest, I have no idea how to install it. So my guess would be
that I don't.

> - did configure complain about anything (and you tried to call "make"
> nevertheless) - rephrased: is there a way you can post your configure
> output?

I didn't notice any errors in configure. The whole configure output can
be found here: http://pastebin.com/3t1BrsvH

Thank you for your response!

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.