Posted to dev@flagon.apache.org by Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org> on 2019/08/07 02:16:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flagon UserALE.js (Incubating) v2.0.2

Hi Folks,

Please VOTE on the Apache Flagon 2.0.2 Release Candidate # 1

Context: v2.0.1 release had a major, uncaught flaw in the package.json file. Once the VOTE passed to release 2.0.1, this was published to the npm registry resulting in an unusable npm package. This was immediately unpublished. However, npm prohibits republishing over the same package version number. As such, we are treating v2.0.1 as a failed release. v2.0.2 resolves the package.json issue, and adds the final npm dev dependency update to resolve all install audit warnings rel to Prototype Pollution, and package deprecation notices. See changelog for full details. Additionally, see the newly added UserALE.js testing framework (on confluence, link below) for instructions for how to build, perform unit and integration tests, and test the npm distribution as though it was installed directly from the npm registry.

VOTE details follow:

About Flagon: http://flagon.incubator.apache.org/ <http://flagon.incubator.apache.org/>

This Patch release includes :

	• Updates to package.json and package-lock.json to resolve downstream Prototype Pollution vulnerabilities in dev dependencies
	• Updates to package.json and package-lock.json to modernize deprecated npm modules
	• Minor updates to README documentation for UserALE.js' Example Test Utilities.

We solved 11 issues: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FLAGON/versions/12345954 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FLAGON/versions/12345954>

Git source tag (43de2fc1e1c5d5e1a83119a91947f7bbe6d313f3): https://github.com/apache/incubator-flagon-useralejs/releases/tag/2.0.2-RC1-08_06_2019 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-flagon-useralejs/releases/tag/2.0.2-RC1-08_06_2019>

Staging repo: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/flagon/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/flagon/>

Source Release Artifacts: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/flagon/apache-flagon-useralejs-incubating-2.0.2-RC1/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/flagon/apache-flagon-useralejs-incubating-2.0.2-RC1/>

PGP release keys (signed using F937rFAE3FCADF6E): https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/flagon/KEYS <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/flagon/KEYS>

Reference the {product} testing framework to assist in your unit and integration tests: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLAGON/UserALE.js+Testing+Framework <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLAGON/UserALE.js+Testing+Framework>

Link to Successful Jenkins Build(s): https://builds.apache.org/job/useralejs-ci/91/ <https://builds.apache.org/job/useralejs-ci/91/>, https://builds.apache.org/job/useralejs-ci/92/ <https://builds.apache.org/job/useralejs-ci/92/>

Vote will be open for 72 hours. Please VOTE as follows:

[ ] +1, let's get it released!!!
[ ] +/-0, fine, but consider to fix few issues before...
[ ] -1, nope, because... (and please explain why)
Thank you to everyone that is able to VOTE as well as everyone that contributed to Apache Flagon 2.0.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flagon UserALE.js (Incubating) v2.0.2

Posted by David Meikle <da...@meikle.io>.
On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 at 03:16, Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org> wrote:

> Vote will be open for 72 hours. Please VOTE as follows:
>
> [ ] +1, let's get it released!!!
> [ ] +/-0, fine, but consider to fix few issues before...
> [ ] -1, nope, because... (and please explain why)

+1 - signatures, hashes, NOTICE and LICENSE, incubating in name, builds on
Ubuntu 19.04 with Node 12.7.0.

Cheers,
Dave

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flagon UserALE.js (Incubating) v2.0.2

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

[IPMC vote mail did not displayed as a separate mail thread than dev@ mail.
I've just realized it. So, that's why I send my vote after your reminder.]

+1 from me.

 I checked:

- Incubating in name
- Disclaimer exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE are fine
- No unexpected binary files
- Code compiles and tests successfully run

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

17 Ağu 2019 Cmt, saat 02:54 tarihinde Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org>

Posted by Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org>.
Hi IPMC—

[RESULT] was [VOTE] Release Apache Flagon UserALE.js (Incubating) v2.0.2

Posted by Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org>.
All,

The VOTE to Release Apache Flagon UserALE.js (Incubating) v2.0.2 has concluded. Thanks to all who voted.

This VOTE has passed successfully within the Apache Flagon community and the Incubator Project community.

The VOTE tally is as follows:

[+1] 8
Joshua Poore
Rob Foley (`Confused`)
Laura Mariano
Furkan Kamaci*
Arthi Vezhavendan
Tim Allison*
Dave Meikle*
Justin McLean*

[0] 0

[-1]

*Binding IPMC VOTE

The Apache Flagon community will progress to remaining release processes.

Thanks,

Joshua Poore (FLAGON PPMC)

Posted by Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org>.
Ok. Thanks for guidance and clarification.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Thanks for the attention on this VOTE.

I asked you about this after you caught the missing disclaimer, but didn’t hear back inside of 24 hours so I made a judgement call—I hope I did the right thing. Would appreciate any guidance on my logic here.

My logic in this case was that because our Disclaimer was in src, and there were no issues with the Disclaimer itself, repackaging the RC with the Disclaimer in the .bin files would not have required any new commits to files. +1s from dev@ (especially Binding) would have indicated approval of the Disclaimer as well.

Were it the case that I needed to modify file content for compliance, I would have had to change the commit stream and push tags forward. In the case, I would have certainly kicked back to dev@ to VOTE again.

Also, a little confused about Dave Fisher’s response in our VOTE thread. He said,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org>.
All,