Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by gerhard oettl <ge...@oesoft.at> on 2005/12/21 23:19:13 UTC

how exact are overflow warnings?

hello

when trying to elemenate the warnings about overflowing areas
there are some where i cannot find whats wrong. So i would like
to ask if it is possible (or known) that some of this warnings
are displayed even if not overflowing happens - for example for
footnotes (footnote-separator)?  In this case i could ignore
(most of) them and concentrate on other things.

i attached a short example.

thanks
gerhard

--
 .''`.   gerhard oettl   on   Debian/Gnu Linux
: :'  :

Re: how exact are overflow warnings?

Posted by gerhard oettl <ge...@oesoft.at>.
On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 09:04:18AM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>Thank you for your patience
as long as i can see such progress in development like now
(and to own the truth as long as i see a chance to get my
200 page work rendered with fop) you have all my goodwill
and all the power i can spare.

gerhard

ps: you are an excelent motivator

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
The overflow warnings are supposed (!) to be accurate, but since this is
very new code in FOP Trunk, there may still be some cases in which the
check don't work correctly. You once again help us uncover a problem,
namely that FOP thought your content in the footnote-separator
overflowed the available area. The problem there: The footnote separator
has no height constraint and can grow as desired. The overflow checks
didn't respect that. I've fixed it:

Thank you for your patience, your continued and very valuable feedback
on the new code and your example files that are always trimmed down to
the necessary which makes the bug fixer's life much easier!

On 21.12.2005 23:19:13 gerhard oettl wrote:
> hello
>
> when trying to elemenate the warnings about overflowing areas
> there are some where i cannot find whats wrong. So i would like
> to ask if it is possible (or known) that some of this warnings
> are displayed even if not overflowing happens - for example for
> footnotes (footnote-separator)?  In this case i could ignore
> (most of) them and concentrate on other things.
>

> i attached a short example.

Jeremias Maerki