Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by James Richards <ja...@northps.com> on 2006/05/19 00:33:06 UTC

how to control scrolling

Hello,

I'm fairly new to MyFaces and I have an interesting question.  I have a need on a particular screen for the MyFaces DataTable to display the last page of data.  Right now I've implemented this by subclassing the DataTable with a custom table, integrating this into the application tag library and overriding the getFirst() implementation to always return the last page of data by setting the first row.  This, however, breaks the scroller component.  What I would like is to be able to allow the scroller to set the first row upon user input but to default to my custom getFirstRow() if the scroller has not called setFirst().  Is there any clean way to do this in MyFaces?

Thanks for any input,

James

Re: how to control scrolling

Posted by Greg <de...@gmail.com>.
Have a look at the myfaces-cars example I uploaded to the working with
large tables myfaces wiki page, it may provide a start pointing, in
particular the PageableListDataModel (or something) resides in the
tomahawk ext html dir so that it can retrieve the
(_SerializableDataModel).getFirst() property value etc. For a
complete/better inisight it would useful to use a phaseListener to see
when particular values are being set and updated, in particular 1.1.1
htmldatatable only updates the dataModel with the dataTables
firstIndex value in the Render phase.

--
Greg