Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Rule <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/03 12:48:49 UTC

[M2] release plugin using CVS with sourceforge

Hi,

Has anyone been using the Maven2 release plugin with
CVS & sourceforge?

I'm having a hard time trying to get it going - it may
not be a maven problem but an SSH or some other set up
problem.

It gets as far as trying to check in pom.xml after
it's updated the version - then it freezes which I
think is because it needs the password - but there is
no prompt.

[DEBUG]   (f) resume = true
[DEBUG]   (f) settings =
org.apache.maven.settings.Settings@2acc57
[DEBUG]   (f) tagBase = ../tags
[DEBUG]   (f) urlScm =
scm:cvs:ext:prule@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/seleniumas
sist:SeleniumAssist
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] [release:prepare]
[INFO] What tag name should be used?
v042
[INFO] Verifying there are no local modifications ...
[INFO] Checking lineage for snapshots ...
[INFO] Checking dependencies for snapshots ...
[INFO] Checking plugins for snapshots ...
[INFO] What is the release version for
'net.sf.seleniumassist:seleniumassist'? [0.4.2]

[INFO] Checking in modified POMs

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks.

http://softwarepr.wikispaces.com/
http://toolinstaller.sourceforge.net/
http://seleniumassist.sourceforge.net/

Re: [M2] release plugin using CVS with sourceforge

Posted by Paul Rule <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, I'm convinced its a cvs/ssh setup problem.
I've uploaded my public key to SF, but I can't commit
from cvs commandline without entering a password. The
frustrating thing is that there is no feedback - i.e.
no prompt for the password - it just appears to hang.

But anyway, its not a maven thing so at least I know
how to attack the problem now.

Thanks.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.