Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2000/11/21 22:26:40 UTC

Re: Testers Wanted for 1.8.1-dev (new caching, esql, etc.)

Robin,

I briefly looked at the changes you've made using the Web interface to CVS and
everything looks good, but of course I need to test.

One thing I noticed with Cocoon 1.8 is that the headers and cookies are not
considered when checking pages in the cache. For some WAP devices I'd like to
be able to generate a different page and the only thing that's different in the
request is in the headers, which are not checked.

Am I missing something? In case this is still not done in 1.8.1dev, I can go
ahead and do the modifications and post a patch.

Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>

Installation problem on RedHat 6.1

Posted by Tibi Dondera <ti...@hotmail.com>.
I have tried to install Cocoon 1.8 on an Apache 1.3, with JServ (I don't
remember which version, but if it helps I can resend this information too).
I'm currently running JDK 1.3 on that machine.

Problem description, brief version: Cocoon seems to work correctly, but
produces no output when I request an xml file.

Long version:

I have followed all the instructions in the documentation, everything worked
well until, upon calling Cocoon.xml, I have received the error (or better
said the exception, formatted in html by the engine):

./repository directory not found (I am currently not on the machine, so I
cannot reproduce the exact text of the error, but I'm sure you know what
error I'm talking about)

After modifying the  cocoon.properties  file, and putting
repository="<cocoon-instalation-path>/repository" (absolute path)

and creating the directory, I have received the exception

"Unable to write to the repository directory" (rather normal, given the fact
that only root had access to that directory), but when I set the rights 777
(so that all users can write to that directory), I have a "Internal server
error", and in the logs there is only "Headers incomplete for Cocoon.xml"
ie Cocoon has returned absolutely no output (empty file).

Can anybody help me or give me some URL's where I can find help? (or some
solutions to similar problems?)

Thank you in advance,
Tiberiu Dondera