Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gary <gu...@rediffmail.com> on 2003/05/21 06:43:46 UTC

Tricky question.

I have a JSP. The action for the form is /xyz.do. I have
deleberatle not defined xyz.do in the struts config file.
Now some action class is doing a findForword to this jsp.
I am getting the error "Cannot retrieve mapping for action
/xyz.do"
Why is this behavioor ?. My understanding is that xyz.do comes
into picture only when i submit the form containg that particular
jsp. Why should struts compalin in the begining itself?
many thanks

Re: Tricky question.

Posted by Saroj Kumar Choudhury <sa...@direct2s.com>.
When the form loads itself it requires the ActionForm to be initialised. I
hope thats why its gives your the error...

Re: Tricky question.

Posted by Nagendra Kumar O V S <na...@ikigo.com>.
HI,
ur right. i have also observed this behaviour. struts tries to first find
the action mapping for the jsp even before rendering it to the page, tries
to get the action form of the corresponding action mapping(if already
instantiated) and populates ur form elements if found.

RE: Tricky question.

Posted by Navjot Singh <na...@net4india.net>.
Because html:form tag will try to look up for the mapping /xyz.do in
struts-config
and try to replace in the format <context>[/<module>]/xyz.do when it doesn't
find in there, it throws the exception.

Simple Rule -> Form is related to Action and that is being confirmed by
Struts before displaying the form.

HTH
navjot