Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by swathi <sw...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/12 05:31:37 UTC

How to check if solr cores have any issues and the node needs to be restarted

Hello Team,

I am trying to restart a node that has issues with the cores. I was hoping
to use CORE STATUS api and check whether it has any cores listed in the
initFailures or not.

Since all such cores do not respond to ping and receive traffic, I want to
put effort into finding out the reason from the stack trace of those cores
and verify whether the node needs to be restarted.

What kind of errors of the core would be shown by using the CORE status API
?

Thanks.