Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Davide <d...@vide.bz> on 2013/02/13 15:22:25 UTC

Generate java source code from existing and circular references

Hi,

I like to write a maven plug-in that allow me to generate source java
code using reflection. I mean: using reflection
Ibrowse some java classes in src/main/java and generate new one (in
target/generated...). To read with reflection source classes I think
the plug-in must activate after the compile phase i.e. process-classes.
But it can be that some others classes in src/main/java depends on
generated classes.These won't compile.

Any help with this workflow? Modules? Usinga java source code parser ?
More projects?

Is somethink like jpa enhancer but maded on source code!

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
*Davide Montesin* - Java - Android - HTML5 - XML - JSON - Open source -
Software Project Management - Agile - Bolzano - Bozen - Alto Adige -

My java projects:
source-to-reflection
<http://www.davide.bz/2-en-source-to-reflection.html>: Java Fast High
Performance Reflection For J2SE J2EE Android GWT Open Source Project
object-xmljson <http://www.davide.bz/3-en-object-xmljson.html>: Java
Fast High Performance XML JSON Converter Mapping Binding J2SE J2EE
Android GWT No Annotation Open Source Project
seo-friendly-ria-web
<http://www.davide.bz/4-en-seo-friendly-ria-web.html>: Java SEO Friendly
RIA HTML5 Open Source Project

Re: Generate java source code from existing and circular references

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I like to write a maven plug-in that allow me to generate source java code
> using reflection. I mean: using reflection

Perhaps check out the openjpa plugin (or another similar one) hosted
by Codehaus Mojo project which produces open source Maven plugins:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/plugins.html

> But it can be that some others classes in src/main/java depends on generated
> classes.These won't compile.

You may or may not have to break those into their own modules which
have a <dependency> on this one.

Wayne