Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by O Khalid <ok...@yahoo.ca> on 2003/06/02 21:59:31 UTC

setUseCaches

hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to dis-able cache using the httpClient. I believe the HttpURLConnection class does not support setUseCaches method yet. Does anyone know of a certain HTTP Header that could be set in the request body to achieve this.

Thanks

Omar

---------------------------------

Re: setUseCaches

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.
Omar,

Unlike a web browser, HttpClient does not do any caching unless required
by the way you use it. For instance, setting the request body as a
string or querying the response as a string will cause some caching to
happen. Just make sure you work with streams, then no request / response
will be cached internally.

To control caching at the proxy you need to set the headers yourself.

Odi

O Khalid wrote:
> hey guys,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows how to dis-able cache using the
> httpClient. I believe the HttpURLConnection class does not support
> setUseCaches method yet. Does anyone know of a certain HTTP Header
> that could be set in the request body to achieve this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Omar
>

> --------------------------------- Post your free ad now! Yahoo!
> Canada Personals

  NOSE applied intelligence ag
                                    [www]      http://www.nose.ch
  ortwin glück                      [email] ortwin.glueck@nose.ch
  hardturmstrasse 171               [pgp key]          0x81CF3416
  8005 zurich                       [office]      +41-1-277 57 35