Posted to user@empire-db.apache.org by Tim Colson <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2013/09/20 20:01:35 UTC

Re: Advice for multi-DAO, nested objects, connection mgt, Spring config, for Click webapp

A few weeks ago, Harald commented about a different way to think about EmpireDB as "a smooth interface to a database" more so than a framework to  "just store [objects] somewhere".

Thanks Harald for the thoughts, and apologies for my delayed reply.

I believe you and Rainer are both right about thinking about EmpireDB differently, and I've been spending some time doing just that. That said, I still need good simple patterns to "just store it" and "just retrieve it", and "just update it" for the dev team. Most of them of course have experience with Hibernate/JPA so they are looking for patterns they recognize so EmpireDB isn't so scary.

If you (or others) have any stories/code snippets to share, I'd love to read them to gain perspective.

-Tim