Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Markus S <ex...@de.bosch.com> on 2007/11/23 15:09:44 UTC

Beginners question - what tools to use

Hi,

thanks for your help so far, it was much appreciated.
I was wondering what the best tools would be for developing.
I try to create the following constellation:
Some services shuffling some data around and storing it in a file and in a
database, everything orchestrated with Apache ODE. A simple Java-app which
sends a soap message to a service.

So far I tried to work with the Eclipse-Plugin for BPEL and a runtime
servicemix 3.1.2  but I got stuck when maven would not deploy or install my
files due to a missing artifact maven-resources-plugin (which is actually
there and not corrupt). I manually altered them to behave like the
HelloWorld2 example and packed them with ant but still fail because of an
invalid BPEL. I Also had a look at OMII-BPEL and Intalio.
Do I really have to create everything on foot (excluding maven archetypes)?
How am I supposed to remember all the different names in a complex
implementation when I have serious problems to figure out the namespaces in
a HelloWorld? (Routine I guess)

What tools do you use to create orchestration?
Or when you use the eclipse plugin, how can I deploy the files?

Thanks in advance
Markus

Re: Beginners question - what tools to use

Posted by Markus S <ex...@de.bosch.com>.
Hi,

thanks but I already had a look at it. I cannot use it due to my company.

cheers
Markus

Posted by Stefan Kleineikenscheidt <st...@kleineikenscheidt.de>.
Hi Markus,

have you tried http://www.active-endpoints.com/active-bpel-designer.htm?

-Stefan

On 11/26/07, d. santosh <rs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  as of now you can give a try even with the designer of intalio.
>

> cheers.
>
> On Nov 23, 2007 10:39 AM, Markus S <ex...@de.bosch.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > thanks for your help so far, it was much appreciated.
> > I was wondering what the best tools would be for developing.
> > I try to create the following constellation:
> > Some services shuffling some data around and storing it in a file and in a
> > database, everything orchestrated with Apache ODE. A simple Java-app which
> > sends a soap message to a service.
> >
> > So far I tried to work with the Eclipse-Plugin for BPEL and a runtime
> > servicemix 3.1.2  but I got stuck when maven would not deploy or install my
> > files due to a missing artifact maven-resources-plugin (which is actually
> > there and not corrupt). I manually altered them to behave like the
> > HelloWorld2 example and packed them with ant but still fail because of an
> > invalid BPEL. I Also had a look at OMII-BPEL and Intalio.
> > Do I really have to create everything on foot (excluding maven archetypes)?
> > How am I supposed to remember all the different names in a complex
> > implementation when I have serious problems to figure out the namespaces in
> > a HelloWorld? (Routine I guess)
> >
> > What tools do you use to create orchestration?
> > Or when you use the eclipse plugin, how can I deploy the files?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Markus
> > --

Stefan Kleineikenscheidt           tel. +49 (711) 99 33 035
Rosenbergstr. 58                   mob. +49 (172) 130 54 77
70176 Stuttgart (GERMANY)       stefan@kleineikenscheidt.de

Re: Beginners question - what tools to use

Posted by "d.santosh" <rs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Kleineikenscheidt <st...@kleineikenscheidt.de>.
Hi Markus,