Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Miao, Franco CAWS:EX" <Fr...@gems7.gov.bc.ca> on 2001/10/12 08:31:32 UTC

where to locate MS SQL server JDBC jar files in the classpath of Tomcat 4.0

Understand MS SQL 2000 JDBC driver consists of three jar files, but don't
know where to locate those three jar files in the classpath of Tomcat 4.0
JSP engine.

Thanks,

Franco

Cross-host session-cookie tricks?

Posted by "Frederick N. Brier" <fb...@multideck.com>.
I've read a number of messages regarding how new sessions are created when
you cross contexts.  I've looked at the SingleSignOn valve and its cookie
mechanism which allows single-sign-on on a single host.  But are there any
tricks of the trade you can play if you want to have multiple virtual hosts
and track the user across different host URLs?  Thank you.

Frederick N. Brier
Sr. Software Engineer
Multideck Corporation

Re: where to locate MS SQL server JDBC jar files in the classpath of Tomcat 4.0

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Miao, Franco CAWS:EX wrote:

> Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:31:32 -0700
> From: "Miao, Franco CAWS:EX" <Fr...@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
> To: "'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: where to locate MS SQL server JDBC  jar files in the classpath
>     of Tomcat 4.0
>
> Understand MS SQL 2000 JDBC driver consists of three jar files, but don't
> know where to locate those three jar files in the classpath of Tomcat 4.0
> JSP engine.

Any JAR file that you want to make available to *all* webapps should be
placed in the "lib" directory in your Tomcat 4 installation.  If you only
need a JAR file in one particular app, put it in the /WEB-INF/lib
directory for that app.  You never need to mess with CLASSPATH.

> Thanks,
>
> Franco

Craig