Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com> on 2003/01/12 17:29:06 UTC

Re: [Tapestry-contrib] status

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>
To: <ta...@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 10:58 AM
Subject: [Tapestry-contrib] status

> CVS is transferred.

This is working and good.

> New site is up

Site has some issues; looks like you copied the "web" directory of the
repository.  The web directory is a partial template for the actual web
site.  Documentation links are broken (links for tutorial, dev guide,
javadoc, clover, etc.).  The current release shows up as "@RELEASE@".  If
you run a complete build you get an image of the full web site as
Tapestry-Web-x.x.tar.gz.

Still, I was thrilled to click on a link on Jakarta to get to the Tapestry
site.

> Mailing lists are up

Lists are up but archives are not.  Do they need a kick, or are they just
too new?

> Site is listed at Jakarta

Yes!

> Suggested course of action:
> close this list

I'd prefer to wait until the archive functionality works.  Otherwise, we'll
get a flood of "what did I miss?" messages.

> close the other list
> redirect existing site (to jakarta.apache.org/tapestry which will redir
> to jakarta.apache.org/proposals/tapestry for now)

I can provide you with the Tapestry-Web-2.3.tar.gz to put up there.

> note the change on the sourceforge projects page + news

As soon as everything else is ready.  Again, I don't want to deal with a
flood of "it's broken!" messages.

> get to work on moving other things...

I'm working on a python script to apply (or change) copyrights comments.
What is the best copyright sample to use?

I actually like having no copyright message at all, having the .java lead
off with the package statement.  That would be a neat Eclipse mode; an
editor that would hide pre-"package" comments in Java source files.