Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Guillaume Lederrey <gu...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/14 12:17:33 UTC

SCM not adding file to CVS before commit when doing a release

I'm having problem with the maven-release-plugin. I'm trying to do a
release with "mvn -e
-Dmaven.scm.provider.cvs.implementation=cvs_native release:prepare". I
have the following configuration for the release plugin :

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>2.0-beta-7</version>
  <configuration>
    <autoVersionSubmodules>true</autoVersionSubmodules>
    <generateReleasePoms>true</generateReleasePoms>
    </configuration>
</plugin>

When running, I get the following error. It seems to me that the
release plugin (or the SCM plugin) "forgot" to run a "cvs add". How
can I tell them to do the add before the commit ? Or didnt I
understand the problem right ?

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: Unable to commit files
Provider message:
The cvs command failed.
Command output:
cvs commit: use `cvs add' to create an entry for release-pom.xml
cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!

--
Jabber : gehel@amessage.ch
Skype : Guillaume.Lederrey

Re: SCM not adding file to CVS before commit when doing a release

Posted by Guillaume Lederrey <gu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your help ... I didnt see your post earlier. (too much
traffic for me on this mailing-list).

Did you find a clean solution to the problem ? Looking at your mail
(http://www.nabble.com/Release-plug-in-fails-to-add-remove-release-pom.xml-in-CVS-to14721158s177.html)
it seems that the only option you found is to manually add the file. I
need a cleaner solution ...

Oh, and btw, yes, I need to "generate release poms".

I'll let you know if I find the root cause of that problem ...