Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by jeankst <je...@nielsen.com> on 2016/05/31 09:50:21 UTC

Exploded EAR - Update web resource

Hi all,

In development phase, we'd like to bind a plain directory (exploded EAR) in
TomEE and be able to see a web resource update (such as JSP, HTML, CSS, JS)
without restarting/reloading.
I could not find any documentation/post describing this scenario - any clue?

What I tried:
- Works well for a exploded WAR using \conf\Catalina\localhost\myWebapp.xml
- For an exploded EAR, created a symbolic link under \apps\myApp - but
updating a JSP reloads the whole application... :-/

Thanks,
Jean.

Re: Exploded EAR - Update web resource

Posted by jeankst <je...@nielsen.com>.
Dang! It was the autodeploy flag... in conf\tomee.xml, I was having
<Deployments dir="apps" autoDeploy="true"/>
*facepalm*

Thanks for your time Romain!

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Ok,

just did that (edit conf/web.xml to set develoment=true), created apps
folder and activated it in conf/tomee.xml, copied your app i apps, started,
hit hello.jsp then changed it and it has been updated without an app reload
on tomee 7.0.0 (not M1)

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jean,

Normally if tomcat is configured in dev mode you dont need anything special
in tomee configuration - in particular Deployments reloading feature is not
appropriated for that use case.

If you can share a project+setup on github we can probably help you a bit
more.