Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael McGrady <mi...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/01 23:21:41 UTC

Document Conversions Online

I want to build an open source online document conversion program.
Can someone get me started with a little blurb about the state of the
art?  Thanks!

Michael

Re: Document Conversions Online

Posted by Ben Pope <be...@gmail.com>.
Michael McGrady wrote:
> Now we seem to really be getting somewhere.  Thanks.  I am new at
> this, so I have some new-like questions.  What is FOP?

Apache FOP.

I'll let them describe it best:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/

It's a piece of cake to use with Cocoon.

If you haven't already, then grab the 2.1.7 release, install it and take
a look at the examples.  FOP is used in there.

Just have a wander round the Cocoon examples to see what it can do.  If
you feel like getting your hands dirty you might be suprised at how easy
it is to get stuck in.

Ben Pope.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
On Mar, 5 de Abril de 2005, 15:10, Michael McGrady dijo:
> Now we seem to really be getting somewhere.  Thanks.  I am new at
> this, so I have some new-like questions.  What is FOP?

http://xml.apache.org/fop/

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Document Conversions Online