Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Jason Webb <jw...@inovem.com> on 2002/11/07 15:37:51 UTC

Modifing timers and James delivery speed

I'd like to change the time the spoolmanager runs at. At the moment it
seems to be about once a minute. No matter what I changed in the
james-config.xml file it seems to make no difference. The reason for
doing this is to make James deliver mail faster, and I feel that
tweaking the number of spool manager threads is less than ideal. Is
there a particular config that was used to maximised throughput when the
stress and load tests were being performed?

What I'd ideally like to do is expose this in the config file so I can
change it when I need to.

Help?

-- Jason

Re: Modifing timers and James delivery speed

Posted by Hontvari Jozsef <ho...@solware.com>.
As I remember there is no one minute delay normally. But I experienced the
same thing when I misconfigured James somehow. Maybe I wrote an email about
this, you may look for it.

It is vey easy to misconfigure james, actually it did happen all 4-5 cases
when I modified something, but the usual result is 100% processor usage not
delays.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>