Posted to user@bloodhound.apache.org by Oscar Edvardsson <os...@monivent.se> on 2014/12/16 12:45:18 UTC

Link to Wiki page in "base" wiki from product wiki

Hi,

I'm sure there is an answer to this, but I can not find it. I am trying
to create a wiki link between a page in a product and the main wiki. I.e.

Project/products/ProductA/wiki/PageA -> Project/wiki/PageB

If I simply type PageB in PageA, this would not create a link working,
persumably because it will try to link to a wiki page in the same
product (i.e. to Project/products/ProductA/wiki/PageB). So, how would
you create a link to a page in the main wiki (i.e. no product). I tried
creating server relative links, but didn't get that to work for some reason.

I can see the rationale (if there is one) that you can not link between
two products (as these should be independent, in my thinking), but to
the base wiki I believe should be possible (project related info can be
good to have available in product pages).

Regards,

Re: Link to Wiki page in "base" wiki from product wiki

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 3:14 AM, Oscar Edvardsson <os...@monivent.se> wrote:

> Thanks,

:)

> Now naming links (i.e. [product:ProductB:wiki:PageB My page] outputs what
> is expected) also works. For those curious this also works for tickets
> ([product:ProductA:ticket:1]), etc.
>
> Is this multi-product behavior documented somewhere?

If you want to understand BH resources hierarchy you can take a look at BEP
3 [1]_ . For implementation details see #390 [2]_ .

> I could not find anything here:
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/WikiFormatting

I agree with you , I could not find enough information about this in the
guide / docs .

.. [1]
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0003#resource-neighborhood

.. [2] https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/390

[...]

Olemis - @olemislc

Apache(tm) Bloodhound contributor
http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound
http://blood-hound.net

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

Re: Link to Wiki page in "base" wiki from product wiki

Posted by Oscar Edvardsson <os...@monivent.se>.
Thanks,

Now naming links (i.e. [product:ProductB:wiki:PageB My page] outputs what is expected) also works. For those curious this also works for tickets ([product:ProductA:ticket:1]), etc.

Is this multi-product behavior documented somewhere? I could not find anything here:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/WikiFormatting

Regards,
Oscar

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hello Oscar .

Posted by Oscar Edvardsson <os...@monivent.se>.
Thanks,

Works as you said. Didn't work for referencing across products though

Posted by Eric Jouffrey <er...@asygn.com>.
Hello,
I think I can help you on that because I recently find it out myself...
In your PageA you can have a link :
[product::PageB]
that will do the job.

 From the same idea, you can link to PageB if it's another product by