Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl> on 2008/04/15 10:01:13 UTC

Tapestry 5 - doesn't generate valid XHTML

Hi,

Is this a known issue? For instance the following link is rendered by
T5:

 <link href="assets/tapestry/default.css" rel="stylesheet"
type="text/css">

The element isn't closed. There are more similar cases.

Thx,
-J.

Re: Tapestry 5 - doesn't generate valid XHTML

Posted by Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com>.
Christian Gorbach wrote:
> yep, this is mainly an IE flaw. IMHO tapestry should use the xmlModel
> as the default model. (or use a mapped config for model selection..)
> check
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/trunk/tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry/internal/services/MarkupWriterFactoryImpl.java?view=log

Thank you Christian for your tutorial that explains how to set XHTML as
the default : http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToXhtml

I put the link here for history (and mailing list archive search ;)

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE

Re: Tapestry 5 - doesn't generate valid XHTML

Posted by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl>.
When I apply text/xhtml my browser issues a 'File download' dialog.
-J.

Posted by Fernando Padilla <fe...@alum.mit.edu>.
Has anyone tried "text/xhtml"?

I don't remember ever using the "application/xhtml+xml" mimetype, but I
haven't done xhtml in a while.

Posted by Christian Gorbach <go...@gmx.at>.

Posted by Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com>.

Posted by Christian Gorbach <ch...@gmx.at>.
there's an annotation which can be applied to page classes.
@ContentType("application/xhtml+xml")
unfortunately: IE does not render pages using this content type...

@see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2166

c)hristian

Posted by TonyTheFish <to...@gamesys.co.uk>.