Posted to users@shindig.apache.org by Vyacheslav Muhtarjants <sl...@ruswizards.com> on 2013/07/23 14:44:59 UTC

Gadgets iFrame page under proxy

Hello.

I am an ASP.NET developer who has been involved in integration of Java
Shindig with ASP.NET web site. Following this
video<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVKiNAkhav8> I
installed Tomcat and Shindig to my Windows server, checked the iFrame
gadgets page
http://localhost:8080/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml&view=homeand
ensured that it worked under Tomcat. Then I connected a separate IIS
web site and Shindig on Tomcat via BonCode connector that forwards
requests, coming to MY_SITE, to Shindig on Tomcat. So I have created a
proxy.

But I have a trouble that I cannot load any gadget through
http://MY_SITE/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml&view=homeas
I suppose gadgets/ifr is a virtual path.

I would be very appreciated if somebody could hint me what I am doing wrong
and what I should configure? Which side should it be: IIS or Tomcat?

--

Slava Muhtarjants

ASP.NET/C# <http://asp.net/C> Developer
RUS Wizards LLC

Skype: slava.muhtarjants

Re: Gadgets iFrame page under proxy

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
I am super sorry about the late reply not sure why this email did not show
up in mailbox until today =(

Yes, modifying the web.xml file to add Shindig's host and port should work
too.

The error means that the page could not load some of the JS files which
include definition of the gadget.

So have you tried to change the shindig.host=shidnig.blueg.com and
shindig.port=8080 ?

One of the major key is to make your main site to become OpenSocial
container to be able to render the iframe that show the gadget and
communicate back to your site as container via RPC mechanism (basically
pare to child iframe communication).
One way to do it is to use Apache Shindig's common container. But, the
current caveat is that it needs to be hosted in the same domain as your
main site to prevent cross domain on Ajax calls.
Since your main app is in .NET, I believe you have to setup request
forwarding to shindig.blueg.com to process the common container requests
made to your main site.

- Henry

Posted by Vyacheslav Muhtarjants <sl...@ruswizards.com>.

Posted by Vyacheslav Muhtarjants <sl...@ruswizards.com>.
Hi, Henry.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vyacheslav Muhtarjants <sl...@ruswizards.com>.
Hi, Henry.

[...]

      core:rpc.js?container=default&nocache=0&debug=0&c=0&v=d75e2a8d81187de1e5623d9482587f25&jsload=0:72<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/js/core:rpc.js?container=default&nocache=0&debug=0&c=0&v=d75e2a8d81187de1e5623d9482587f25&jsload=0>
      4. call
      core:rpc.js?container=default&nocache=0&debug=0&c=0&v=d75e2a8d81187de1e5623d9482587f25&jsload=0:103<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/js/core:rpc.js?container=default&nocache=0&debug=0&c=0&v=d75e2a8d81187de1e5623d9482587f25&jsload=0>
      5. gadgets.window.adjustHeight
      views:dynamic-height:setprefs:core!core:rpc.js?container=default&nocache=0&debug=0&c=0&v=a6aad0d2163b9a080f849c1cf6f1150b&jsload=0:12<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/js/views:dynamic-height:setprefs:core!core:rpc.js?container=default&nocache=0&debug=0&c=0&v=a6aad0d2163b9a080f849c1cf6f1150b&jsload=0>
      6. adjust_height
      todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js:114<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/proxy/todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js>
      7. load_gui
      todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js:1865<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/proxy/todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js>
      8. display_todos
      todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js:1564<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/proxy/todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js>
      9. fill_todos_from_prefs
      todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js:191<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/proxy/todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js>
      10. load_todos
      todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js:155<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/proxy/todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js>
      11. init
      todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js:106<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/proxy/todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js>
      12. deploy
      todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js:1979<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/proxy/todo_14.js?container=default&refresh=3600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.labpixies.com%2Fcampaigns%2Ftodo%2Ftodo_14.js>
      13. deploy_todo_canvas
      ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml&view=canvas:664<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml&view=canvas>
      14. initCanvas
      ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml&view=canvas:547<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml&view=canvas>
      15. (anonymous function)
      ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml&view=canvas:546<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml&view=canvas>
      16. gadgets.util.runOnLoadHandlers
      core:rpc.js?container=default&nocache=0&debug=0&c=0&v=d75e2a8d81187de1e5623d9482587f25&jsload=0:10<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/js/core:rpc.js?container=default&nocache=0&debug=0&c=0&v=d75e2a8d81187de1e5623d9482587f25&jsload=0>
      17. (anonymous function)

'

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi,