Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <aa...@apache.org> on 2008/10/19 22:58:29 UTC

git-svn dcommit of multiple changes

Just ran into an odd behavior with git synched against sv.eu.apache.org.

I've been working locally for some time, creating about 4-5 topic
branches, and then merging them to the master branch, and deleting the
topic branches. When I finally got online, I did this:

  $ git checkout master
  $ git svn rebase
  $ git svn dcommit

To my surprise this only committed to SVN my first local commit out of
many that I had, so to get all my local changes to SVN, I had to do
this in the loop:

  $ git svn rebase
  $ git svn dcommit
  ... repeat N times

Also sometimes I had to repeat the rebase part multiple times after
each commit - there seems to be a few second delay until git rebase
resets the local branch into a state when I can repeat a dcommit.

Googling this behavior didn't turn any useful info - all svn/git
integration docs and blogs indicate that dcommit commits the entire
delta between the local and remote repo.

Is this something specific to how svn.eu.apache.org is setup? Or am I
missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Andrus

Re: git-svn dcommit of multiple changes

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/10/21/1731223&from=rss

Fwd: git-svn dcommit of multiple changes

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Andrus Adamchik <aa...@apache.org> wrote:
> Just ran into an odd behavior with git synched against sv.eu.apache.org.
>
> I've been working locally for some time, creating about 4-5 topic branches,
> and then merging them to the master branch, and deleting the topic branches.
> When I finally got online, I did this:
>
>  $ git checkout master
>  $ git svn rebase
>  $ git svn dcommit
>
> To my surprise this only committed to SVN my first local commit out of many
> that I had, so to get all my local changes to SVN, I had to do this in the
> loop:
>
>  $ git svn rebase
>  $ git svn dcommit
>  ... repeat N times
>
> Also sometimes I had to repeat the rebase part multiple times after each
> commit - there seems to be a few second delay until git rebase resets the
> local branch into a state when I can repeat a dcommit.
>
> Googling this behavior didn't turn any useful info - all svn/git integration
> docs and blogs indicate that dcommit commits the entire delta between the
> local and remote repo.
>
> Is this something specific to how svn.eu.apache.org is setup? Or am I
> missing something obvious?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrus

Hi Andrus,

Same here, I've experienced the same git-svn behavior with svn.eu.apache.org.

--
Jean-Sebastien