Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sven Brueggemann <SB...@gmx.net> on 2006/09/25 18:33:27 UTC

svnsync and empty revisions

Hello,

when syncing, svnsync first commits the changes from the
source repository revision to the destination repository
and then copies the revision properties in a second step.

If the source repository contains empty revisions, the
destination repository will not be an exact copy of the
source repository since empty revisions are missing the
svn:author revision property.

An empty revision will have no author in the source
repository and the username svnsnyc uses as the author
in the destination repository.

You may want to fix this.

Kind regards

Sven

Re: svnsync and empty revisions

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 9/25/06, Sven Brueggemann <SB...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Filed as issue 2613. Please edit if I did the classification
> wrong.

Thanks!

> BTW: So far, there's no subcomponent "svnsync".

Another good point.  I'll look into getting that fixed.

-garrett

Re: svnsync and empty revisions

Posted by Sven Brueggemann <SB...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.