Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Steve Johns <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/09 17:00:27 UTC

mina2.0.0-M1 vs mina1.1.6

I used both mina1.1.6 and mina2.0.0-M1(replaced mina1.1.6 and didn't change
any other codes) to make two servers which are both connected to same data
source. Two same clients connected to these two servers. I observed the
client connected mina2.0.0-M1 receiving much slower(maybe missing) than
mina1.1.6 under heavy loading. (8000messages/sec). WhenI stopped playing my
data source, client A received less messages than client B did. All programs
were on the same machine. I wonder if any critical algorithmn was changed in
mina2.0.0-M1? I saw one thread mentioning about M2 write slow issue. Any
idea?

RE: mina2.0.0-M1 vs mina1.1.6

Posted by "Craig L. Ching" <cc...@mqsoftware.com>.
I don't know if it's related or not, but a bug was fixed recently where
byte buffer expansion was much slower than it should have been.  If
you're using expandable byte buffers, you might want to check out the
svn trunk and test with that.

Cheers,
Craig

Re: mina2.0.0-M1 vs mina1.1.6

Posted by Steve Johns <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Trustin

Is it possible to do a testing on Mina2.0.0-M1 under heavy loading? The
throughput value (messages/sec) somehow can't tell either messages deliver
are dealy or lost. I am sorry that I can't post my code for reproducing the
problems since the data source server data is too huge to publish to
internet and also not allowed. Thanks again.

Re: mina2.0.0-M1 vs mina1.1.6

Posted by Steve Johns <st...@gmail.com>.
OK. I did something.

Re: mina2.0.0-M1 vs mina1.1.6