Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/08 21:46:46 UTC

jar install question

Hi,

I installed a few jars in my local repository using
the install command shown in the maven documentation.

The build works fine, except it tries to download a
pom for the installed jar everytime it runs....like
this:

Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/el-ri/el-ri/1.0/el-ri-1.0.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository
central

Is there a way to stop Maven from trying this?

Thanks,
- Ole

Re: jar install question

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Wendy,

You are right.  It was not generating the pom, and
when I added the -U to the command like this:

mvn -U install:install-file
-Dfile=/home/ole/Desktop/facelets-1.0.10/facelets-1.0.10/jsf-facelets.jar
-DgroupId=jsf-facelets -DartifactId=jsf-facelets
-Dversion=1.0.10 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true

It did it!

Thanks,
- Ole

Re: jar install question

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: jar install question

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
I added the option, but maven is still trying to
download the poms.  Here's the list of commands that
run successfully:

mvn install:install-file
-Dfile=/home/ole/Desktop/facelets-1.0.10/facelets-1.0.10/lib/el-api.jar
-DgroupId=el-api -DartifactId=el-api -Dversion=1.0
-Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true
mvn install:install-file
-Dfile=/home/ole/Desktop/facelets-1.0.10/facelets-1.0.10/lib/el-ri.jar
-DgroupId=el-ri -DartifactId=el-ri -Dversion=1.0
-Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true
mvn install:install-file
-Dfile=/home/ole/Desktop/facelets-1.0.10/facelets-1.0.10/jsf-facelets.jar
-DgroupId=jsf-facelets -DartifactId=jsf-facelets
-Dversion=1.0.10 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true

Any ideas?

Thanks again,
- Ole

Re: jar install question