Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by fa...@bt.com on 2002/04/24 17:27:15 UTC

Apache JServ installation problem

Hi,

I have successfully installed Apache and can start the httpd server.

The installation has been performed on Sparc Sun Solaris 2.8 and I have
used:

Httpd 2.0.35
JSDK2.0
JDK 1.2
gcc 3.0.4
m4 1.4o
libtool 1.3.3
autoconf 2.13
automake 1.4-p5
make 3.79.1

I require my server to run Java Servlets, therefore I need JServ. I am
trying to install ApacheJserv 1.1.2 and I can get as far as configuring it
successfully, however when I run "make" it all goes pear shaped. I have the
error message below.

I am guessing that the error is to do with mod_jserv. I have ran "httpd -l"
and I dont have mod_jserv.c listed. Would any one know what the problem is
here?

Here is the error and I would like to apologise in advance if I am making a
simple mistake here, as all this is abit new to me.

Any help is appreciated.

Farshid

mod_jserv.c:1745: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
mod_jserv.c:1745: warning: (near initialization for `jserv_module')
mod_jserv.c:1748: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
mod_jserv.c:1748: warning: (near initialization for `jserv_module')
mod_jserv.c:1748: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
make[2]: *** [mod_jserv.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/farshidd/JServ/ApacheJServ-1.1.2/src/c'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/farshidd/JServ/ApacheJServ-1.1.2/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

When I try to used apxs to compile mod_jserv.c I get the following error:

mod_jserv.c:1744: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
mod_jserv.c:1744: warning: (near initialization for `jserv_module')
mod_jserv.c:1745: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
mod_jserv.c:1745: warning: (near initialization for `jserv_module')
mod_jserv.c:1748: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
mod_jserv.c:1748: warning: (near initialization for `jserv_module')
mod_jserv.c:1748: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536