Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com> on 2011/01/07 17:39:15 UTC

About me

Hi everyone!

Thanks for letting me be a part of the turbine team. I hope I will be able
to contribute to the next major release of Turbine.

Here is a little introduction of me…

I’m 27 years old, born in 83, and live in Malmö, Sweden.

I learned computer programming while studying Master of Engineering at the
University of Lund 2004-2008. I became particularly fond of java-programming
and object-orienting. After having written a few programs in J2ME, I began
developing web pages, mostly with Turbine.

I run my own company where I do some consulting as a web developer and I
also work on my own product with partners. You can check it out if you want,
it’s in Swedish and directed at people working with advertising, but it’s a
Turbine-based page that might be considered good looking and cool =)
www.mediatool.com

What I like to do in programming is stuff that makes life easier for the
user, no matter if it’s a complex web application that gives you a clear
overview of your work, or a simple script that does what you need to do 10
times a day.

More about me…

I like movies, music, play the guitar, piano and sing on an amateur level.
But nowadays, much of my time is spent programming =)

If you want to know what I look like... you can check it out here…

/Ludwig

Re: About me

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
On 24.01.11 12:48, Ludwig Magnusson wrote:
> I’d be glad to hear any comments on what Thomas said about what to do to
> release M1 of tubine4. The biggest issue seems to be the scheduler. I could
> merge in the old one if no one thinks it’s a bad idea.

Welcome from me again - for the public records. :-)

The scheduler issue is more work than you might think. The previous
scheduler implementations used to build on the JobEntry/BaseJobEntry as
generated by Torque. This is no longer there and I'd rather keep it that
way. JobEntry is now an interface. I suggest to merge the NonPersistent
version if you will.

Bye, Thomas.

RE: About me

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.