Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by ba...@us.ibm.com on 2012/10/02 18:54:34 UTC

Gaget's requestNavigateTo and Containers navigateGadget

I am trying to create a custom container based on Shindig and am a bit
confused on the relationship between a gadget calling 'requestNavigateTo'
and the container function 'navigateGadget'.

I am trying to implement the rpc callback for requestNavigateTo as Shindig
does not, and the only way I can find to render the gadget with a specific
view is a call to Container.navigateGadget.  The disconnect I have is that
navigateGadget requires an url for the gadget to render but
requestNavigateTo does not pass the url of the calling gadget.  Is it
intentional that the data passed to the rpc call from requestNavigateTo
does not include the calling Gadget's url, or am I missing the reference
somewhere in an object somewhere?  Is there a different function in the
container that I can call to render the view that uses the current url of
a gadget site?

Thank you,

Brian Bauman
     IBM Software Group - Austin, TX
     Live Text Dev and Lotus Expeditor Release Engineer
     baumanbr@us.ibm.com
     (512) 286-5271 (T/L 363-5271)

Re: Gaget's requestNavigateTo and Containers navigateGadget

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org>.
Brian it might be a good thing to add to the sample container.  If you feel
up to it contribute a patch for it ;)

-Ryan

Posted by daviesd <da...@oclc.org>.
Here's what we do.