Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Lahu <la...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/12 08:46:04 UTC

SpoolManager

Is there a consistent method (or a Java Class) to
programmatically detect how many mails are left with
the spoolmanager.
I m actually implementing a sheduling system with
James, which offers repititive, queue and delayed
scheduling. I need to know exactly as to how many
mails are left with the spoolmanager on a particular
instant.
I'll be willing to share the code, once I get it done
and working.

RE: SpoolManager

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Is there a consistent method (or a Java Class) to
> programmatically detect how many mails are left
> with the spoolmanager.

At present, a spool is a type of repository.  You can call list and then
find out how many elements are in the list.  Since we are in a
multi-threaded environment, the results can change from call to call.

> I m actually implementing a sheduling system with James,
> which offers repititive, queue and delayed scheduling.

See the code already present in RemoteDelivery, which will be factored out
to be generally available, and the recent changes to the
SpoolManager.accept() interface.  It is fairly trivial to implement
scheduling.  One issue is that there is no good plalce in the repository to
store scheduling information today.  The approach used by RemoteDelivery is
a kludge.

See also:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=james-dev@jakarta.apa
che.org&by=thread&from=743112