Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/02/24 22:37:38 UTC

Right component for ActiveMQ Artemis

All,

I was wondering, whats the right component to use if I'm connecting to an
ActiveMQ Artemis server?  Artemis supports the standard AMQP protocol, can
I just use activemq component to connect?

John

Re: Right component for ActiveMQ Artemis

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
> On 25 Feb 2016, at 15:22, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> camel-amqp is compiled with an older qpid-proton library I think.

Yeah - it uses 0.70 - the latest is 0.80

> We would need to upgrade but the mock test server that qpid provided
> is changed / gone etc. So maybe the idea is to use an embedded artemis
> as testing, just like we use amq for testing camel-jms.
>
> Then we could likely upgrade qpid in camel-amqp to make it newer.

yep - good idea

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
> On 25 Feb 2016, at 15:30, Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I thought camel-amqp mostly used JMS anyway.

Yes it is - though if you want to change your broker without updating clients, AMQP 1.0 makes that easy for you. Though in reality other AMQP 1.0 broker implementations are currently limited (Swift, Azure Service Bus, IBM MQ Light and Apache ActiveMQ/Artemis/Apollo and for the brave - RabbitMQ with experimental AMQP 1.0 plugin).

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen