Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com> on 2001/08/21 00:16:17 UTC

Source intergace: release() or recycle()?

Cocooners,

Let's decide on this. Two opinions were expressed
(see Re: [PROPOSAL] Changing Source interface thread):

> It seems that calling this method is necessary. I am +1 on release()
> as the source is not recycled.
>
>Carsten

And:

> The Recyclable interface is for any object--not just components!
>
> Berin

I like Recyclable interface, so +1 to recycle() from me :)

Vadim

RE: Source intergace: release() or recycle()?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com>.
Done. Every Source now is Recyclable.
Please do not forget to recycle() used sources to avoid environment pollution :)

Vadim

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

Naming and patterns

Posted by Laran Coates <la...@yahoo.com>.
I've been going over some old design patterns today and I noticed that the
new Monitor framework seems to conform to the Observer pattern.  Also, the
Action seems to conform pretty well to the Command pattern.

Am I right about this?

How much is everyone using patterns in the design decisions?