Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dinah S <di...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/17 02:09:14 UTC

Problem adding new field to existing jsp

I inherited an existing system that uses Struts 1.0
and Swing.  I've recently converted it to JBuilder9.
I'm running on Tomcat for Windows.

The webapp runs just fine until I try to add a new
field to the web page.

This is what I did:
1.  The struts-config.xml file has no properties
listed, so I left it alone.
2.  Added the field to the .jsp file (copied another
input field & changed the names).
3.  Added the variable, getter and setter to the Form.
4.  Added the code to the Action to get the data from
the Form.

The web page displays with the new field, but when I
click Submit nothing happens and the Status message
changes to "Error on page".

I even tried adding form-properties to the
struts-config file and that didn't change anything.
(I'm not sure why the struts-config file doesn't have
any properties in it.

Any ideas?  I can provide the actual code, if it will
help.

Thanks!
Dinah