Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by da...@pg.com on 2004/04/26 21:45:37 UTC

Apache FTP Server

Hi All,

I'm starting to use the Apache FTP Server, part of the Incubator project.
I have noticed that when one connects via RMI for the Admin User Interface
only one Admin connection is allowed. Why is there a restriction for only
1 connection? Is it possible to allow multiple connection via RMI for the
Admin User Interface?

Thanks
Surajit

Re: Apache FTP Server

Posted by Rana Bhattacharyya <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
 There are two reasons behind this single connection.

1. You might have noticed that, we have used many
callbacks. So if we allow more than one connections,
the server will be heavily loaded just to notify all
the admin UI interfaces.

2. The second reason is security.

Thanks,
Rana