Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Max Rydahl Andersen <ma...@redhat.com> on 2022/03/31 21:20:55 UTC

3.8.6 due to 3.8.5 regression ?

Hi,

The [rather tricky
regression](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-7432) in 3.8.5
breaks dependency resolution when using profiles.

It is now causing users to open
[issues](https://github.com/quarkusio/quarkus/issues/24643)
[against](https://github.com/quarkusio/quarkus/issues/24644) Quarkus
since the maven plugins cannot be loaded since using profiles messes up
dependency resolution causing all kind of "fun" side-effects.

Any chance a 3.8.6 can be made to fix this regression or are we forced
to add in 3.8.5 version detection to try to do an approximation of the
dependency resolution? Something I really would like to avoid if at all
possible.

There exist already a
[PR](https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/695/files) to fix the issue.

Anything we can do to get that out ?

Thank you,
/max
https://xam.dk/about

Re: 3.8.6 due to 3.8.5 regression ?

Posted by Christoph Läubrich <ma...@laeubi-soft.de>.
The best would be to transform the example in an integration test I
think as described in the ticket.

 From my side the fix is ready to go, but I currently a bit busy and
don't have time yet to create the ITest as requested by michael...