Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/29 15:11:24 UTC

Re: [axis2] wsdl2c codegen tool directory structure

Given that the Java tool already does Java and C#, do we need those folders.
I cannot see anyone form Java world using this C tool to generate Java code.

Also I am not sure of the install structure. Bacically the DLLs should
go to the lib folder in $AXIS2C_HOME, not to seperate sub folders.
conf files and templates should go into a folder named conf/codegen(or
cg gor short)/templates folder.

Thoughts....

Samisa...

[Axis2] Doxygen comments

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,
    I have been working on structuring the header comments to get a
proper structure for doxygen comments, while at ApacheCon.
    We can use the axis2_svc_client.h as our main reference when
updating the doc comments, this is by far the most complete header with
all doc comments in place.

    As part of the structuring, I have defined the various groups and
also classified the headers into the respective groups.

    However, I would like a bit of help from the original authors of the
headers to complete the docs on functions and macros.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: [axis2] wsdl2c codegen tool directory structure-with correct format

Posted by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
   Since I m following the architecture of the Axis2/Java codegen tool,
I'm loading configurations dynamically in a way it allow to take a
binary release of the tool and get done code generation for another
language easily. Since Axis2/c is designed to intergrate with other
platforms like Firefox, PHP, Perl we should be able to generate code for
these languages as well. So I think it is better to keep this feature
(Muliti language support) in the Axis2/C code generation tool.

  Some explanation of the logic flow of the Codegen tool is attached
with this.

Regards
Dimuthu

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dimuthu,

[Axis2] Woden/C API doc categorization

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Damitha,
    The following is the break down that I came up with for woden header
documentation.
    However, I need help to identify the headers that fall into each
category.
    Please help me to identify those, or may be you could do the doc
organizing yourself if you have some spare time ;-)

woden - woden_desc.h
    woden_builder - woden_reader.h
    woden_schema - woden_schema_constants.h
    woden_types - woden_types.h
#    woden_util - not public API
    woden_wsdl - woden_desc.h
    woden_xml - woden_xml_attr.h

Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: [Axis2] Do we need phase related stuff in public API

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Great, then lets move them out into the inner folders. Could you please
help.

Samisa...

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Samisa,

Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
>
>> Do we need, phase, phase_resolver and phase_holder in the public API?

No

>> I do not tthink we do.
>>
>> Samisa...
>>
> I think, phases_info too belong to that category and should not be
> exposed

You are correct

Thanks
Damitha

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dimuthu,

Posted by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi
  Sorry about the bad formatting. Corrected one is pasted and attched here.

Thanks
Dimuthu

$AXIS2C_HOME

  +-------<conf>
  |          |
  |          |
  |          +---------<codegen>configuration files
  |                       |
  |                       +------<templates>  templates only for c

  +------ <lib>
  |         |
  |         |
  |         +-------<codegen>
  |                      |
  |                      |
  |                      +------<writer>   dll's for writers
  |                      |
  |                      |
  |                      +------<emitter>  dll's for emitters
  |                      |
  |                      |

                       +------w2c executable

Posted by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
   Thanks for your comment. Then I ll put that in to the subfolder named
codegen inside lib and binaries in sameway inside bin. So the installed
directory structure would be like this.

$AXIS2C_HOME

  +-------<conf>
   |             |