Posted to commits@myfaces.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/08/17 17:21:08 UTC

[Myfaces Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by MikeKienenberger

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Myfaces Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by MikeKienenberger:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/FAQ

The comment on the change is:
Removing user question from faq.  How did this get left in here?

  Step 2) If you are using servlets 2.4, you cannot do a jsp:forward or request.getDispatcher().forward to any page, because the extensions filter is not executed, instead you may want to try with a response.sendRedirect()

  == JSF FAQ ==
-
- === How can datascroller manage JSP file with URL parameter? ===
- Context:
-
- I'm using the version 1.1.3 of MyFaces and Tomahawk.
-
- When I call a JSP file with URL, lets say product.jsf?cat=java, with a datascroller inside product.jsp, everything works properly. The rows on the datatable are displayed correctly. And the data filter, cat=java, is processed by a java bean controller. This is a classic example to use component with JSF and MyFaces.
-
- Problem:
-
- When I press next button on datascroller, the URL called is product.jsf instead of product.jsf?cat=java, and no data is rendered because that SQL statement needs a parameter value cat=Java.
-
- I tried <t:saveState id="cat" value="#{productCtrl.cat}"/>, but still product.jsf called.
-
- I think it's a bug of design. I mean, on the datascroller specification, there is no property to tell that we must keep rewritten URL.
-
- Does anybody met this problem?
-
- DNX
-

  === Are there any other FAQ sites for JSF? ===